Friday, May 05, 2006

Sample Letter to a Woman

Dear ____,

I am _______ writing to you from ______ because there is an American who inspires me, who respects my rights, and I wish I had the power you have in Iowa/New Hampshire to make him our next President. His name is Howard Dean.

Howard Dean is a champion of issues that matter most to women. As Governor of Vermont, he provided health care to virtually every child, fought for equal pay and for the safety of victims of domestic violence, including children. He cut the rate of child abuse in half. He has also consistently opposed the war in Iraq.

Most of all, Howard Dean is rallying people together to strengthen our American community again. As a woman, I am deeply concerned about the direction our nation is headed under the current administration. I believe Howard Dean is the only candidate who can beat George Bush and stop his assault on women and families.

Howard Dean appeals to me because...

I hope you will consider supporting Governor Dean. I will be waiting here in _____ for my chance to vote for him.

I would love to talk to you and answer any questions you may have about Governor Dean. You can write me back, or if you have email, you can save the postage and email me at ____.

Let me know what is happening in Iowa and how you feel about what is happening in our country.

Sincerely,


P.S. If you want to know more about Dean's positions on women, you can go to women.deanforamerica.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home